Saturday, May 26, 2012

Macaroni with Cheese for Dinner

I decided to make some sort of Macaroni and Cheese for dinner but wanted to make it different. I chose this pasta instead of Elbow Macaroni. Must be good right? All the pretty colors and the strange curl to them. I got them on sale at Ross.
Then I made my cheese sauce. I just made a roux (butter and flour) then I started adding cheese, oh I did put a wee bit of Sherry in there. So the cheese, I added some freshly grated Romano, Monterey Jack, then  Chedder and Velveeta. I admit I am a cheese freak. Added about 2 cups of whole milk and cooked til thick. I cut up a pound of bacon, yes bacon and threw it into my cheese sauce.

Once the pasta was cooked I added it to the cheese sauce, added some scallions and put it into a 13x9 baking dish. Added Panko bread crumbs on top. Cooked it at 350 degrees for 25 minutes. It was great, I thought of taking a pic right before I put it in the oven but thought it would be better to show it off when it came out of the oven. Guess what? I forgot to take a pic when it was done. Guess when I remembered? When it looked like this.

No comments: