Friday, November 1, 2013

My life since my last post.

I have not posted on my blog since my mom was diagnosed with Moderate Dementia(Alzheimer's) That was Sept 5th, 2012. I have had so much happen in the past year, I can't wait to share and tell you all about what has happened in my life since. Since last Sept my mom has been the same with her memory. She is in the mid stages of Dementia. she still has most of her long term memory intact. It is her short term memory that is not so good. Hanging out with her is sort of like being in the movie 50 First Dates, if you have not seen it... you must. Funny movie. My moms condition is far from funny though. She is otherwise healthy. She is in a long term care facility and gets very good care. She wants out and can't understand why she is there. Then at times she will say I can't remember, I guess that's why I'm in here. She is with other residents that all have some form of memory loss. She sometimes says that she is in the nuthouse and I have to remind her that they are not nuts, just have memory loss. In March of 2013 my husband and I purchased a 38' park model travel trailer, it was gorgeous. we moved it into our back yard and thought moving her to our property was a good idea even though we were warned that it was not a good idea. Boy oh boy, the professionals were soooo right. However I had to try. I got Directv and phone installed, she had a full size frig, sliding glass door in the living room. queen size bed, my husband and brother in law built her a deck to sit on, on the 8 day of being here she called the police saying I was keeping her against her will, so the dr talked to the police and told them she had to return to the care facility. I had my husband take her, she was mad as a hornet..... She has since forgotten the whole ordeal. Lucky her. here are some pictures of the work we did to get the trailer in the yard, we had to go through our neighbors yard. I love my neighbors.
























The pictures are not in correct order, you get the idea of all the work that was involved in getting this huge trailer in our yard. The blue shed that was torn down needed to go, it was built by the previous owners or even the owners before them. It was dilapidated and I was glad to see it go. We stored a lot of crap in there that we had to through away or find a spot in the yard to hide it. The area looks much better now. The travel Trailer was sold about a month after my mom went back to the Care Home. Now there is alot of space back there.

No comments: