Wednesday, August 29, 2012

Broccoli Salad

 Do you remember when Claim Jumper had the all you can eat salad bar? well I was crazy about their broccoli salad. It was awesome. The Claim Jumper near us closed the salad bar and the broccoli salad was GONE!. This can't be. I love it. So I had to search the internet for a recipe that was close to Claim Jumpers. I did. So here it is.

The recipe is at the end of this blog. I only do the broccoli, onions, and bacon. I can do without the other stuff so I omit it. So we have broccoli, red onions, and bacon.

You can't see it but the dressing is under the broccoli, it was the first thing I made. Then I added the rest.


Add any ingredients that you like in the recipe and mix, let sit in the refrigerator for a while, mix and serve. IT IS THAT EASY. I usually ad a bit more Cider Vinegar to taste, and lots more bacon.

Salad:2 crowns fresh broccoli, cut in bite-sized pieces
1/2 c shredded cheddar cheese
1 c seedless red grapes, sliced in half
1/4 c raisins
1/3 c diced purple onion
1/3 c pine nuts
1/3 c real bacon bits (or 4 slices bacon, cooked and crumbled)

Dressing:
1/2 c mayonnaise
1/4 c sugar or Splenda
1 T cider vinegar

Mix all salad ingredients in a large bowl. Mix dressing ingredients and toss with salad.

No comments: