Sunday, August 12, 2012

Crockpot Spaghetti Sauce


On Saturday I wanted to do something with all of the tomatoes that we have been harvesting but was not sure what to do. I was out of freezer bags, oh no! HMMMMMM what to do. It was 103 degrees out so turning the oven on was out of the question. What to do!! Crockpot, that's it! I will use these tomatoes in the crockpot and make spaghetti sauce. So that is what I did. 

Look at these beauties. The green ones were a failed attempt at making fried green tomatoes, see I picked them, I put them on the counter and got too lazy to fry them up, not to mention I started my diet again and can't have the carbs of breading. So they started to ripen. I decided to put them in as they were into the crock.

Here are some cut up and ready to put into the crockpot.

These are a mix of sweet 100 and yellow pear tomatoes, they were just put into the crock whole. No need in cutting them as I planned to cook them for a long, long time

Here are some of them with salt added.

Now all of them are in with some minced garlic added.


Here is my Spaghetti sauce after 30 hours of cooking in the crockpot, no you don't have to cook it so long but the longer it cooks the better it is to me. I added basil from the garden, some dried oregano, onion powder and some garlic powder too. That's it.

No comments: