Sunday, July 8, 2012

Fresh Summer Fire Roasted Tomato Salsa

There is nothing better than fresh salsa. I like to fire roast more than half of my tomatoes for my salsa. These tomatoes were store bought from a hispanic market. They have great prices for produce. I had to because our tomatoes that are organic have not turned red yet.

I am letting them cool a bit, then see below the lettuce spinner? I am trying this out for the first time to see if I can get rid of some of the extra liquid that these tomatoes produce, it just makes for soupy salsa. It worked great.

I was able to get alot of liquid out of them, guess what I did with all of that extra liquid? I froze it for tomato sauce at a later date. Why waste good juice right? hummmm what about using it for tomato beer? time will tell.

I also used non fire roasted for extra freshness.

This is my chopper, I don't see the need to make extra work for myself now should I? NOPE.

\Here is the finished product. Ingredients must always be to your taste. Some like it hot and some like it mild. I prefer mild. My daughter likes it hot. My husband and son seem to like it like I do. More mild. I used 2 jalapenos, tomatoes, lime juice, cilantro, a bit of sugar, some salt. and that is all. You will have to try each ingredient to how much of each you like. It is all relative to each of us.

Happy Salsa making. It's summer so get on it.



No comments: