Monday, July 16, 2012

Stuffed Lemon Squash

I am a huge fan of stuffing, I love stuffing. This is my favorite stuffing. 

Sweating my onions and celery. I follow the directions on the box, my only change I do is add a juice and chicken broth, I will use apple or apricot, apple works great. so I do half chicken broth and half apple juice.

Here are my little beauties, these are my Heirloom Lemon Squash, they are very flavorful. My dear friend gave me these seeds. We seed save most of our plants, veggies or not.

I cut them in half. , see the one on the right? well I saved the seeds from that one. The skin on that one was a bit tough. I ended up leaving the skin and ate out the filling and squash. 

Here they are cored out and waiting for the great filling.

I forgot to take a picture after I filled them before cooking but here it is after cooking. Looks amazing right? well let me tell ya, IT WAS. Makes me coo like Roscoe P. Coltrane!

Here is my little friend with BBQ Chicken, oh so good.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hmmmm. Do you parboil them before stuffing? At what temp do you bake them? How long? I think my page left some details out.

Tracey said...

I am so sorry that I never responded to your post. I have not been blogging for some time and did not see it. I hope you see this posted reply whoever you are. No I did not par boil them first. They were awesome though. I am thinking of starting my blog up again. I have so much to share.
Tracey