Tuesday, July 17, 2012

What else to do with Biscuits.

I had some ready made biscuits that I bought on sale for .99 cents. I have not made a dinner lately that would require a friendly biscuit, so I thought, and I thought, and I thought what can I do with these lovely, yummy biscuits besides just baking them. HMMMMMM 

I decided to make a sort of pizza with them. No sauce, just cheese, fresh tomatoes, fresh basil. Yep that's it!!!!!!!!!!!!!

So I rolled them out flat 

Put them on a baking sheet and...... 

used a little olive oil spray from my fancy oil sprayer.

I am not sure if you can see it but I poked holes in the dough to hopefully keep them from rising up  funny. 
Sliced up my ehemmmmm store bought tomatoes because my thousands of tomato plants are not giving me much yet. So with thousands of green tomatoes I have to buy them from the store still.

My basil is growing very well now. 

Here are my constructed pizza's, oh I am so excited to taste them.

For those of you who do not know me well. I am a salt Fiend. I love salt. I always will. I have kosher salt, Chardonnay Oak Smoked Fumee de Sel salt, Grey Sea Salt, and my very favorite salt so far is Alaea Salt from Hawaii, it is a pink sea salt. Oh how I love it. I sprinkled the pink sea salt on the pizza's.

I baked them at 375 degrees for about 15 minutes. I watched them near the end and decided when they looked done to me. Do they look done to you? 

They were a hit and you should try them, I will try them with crescent rolls next time,.

2 comments:

martilindsey said...

Looks yummy!

Tracey said...

Marti, it was really good. You should try it. I am sure you will like it too.
Tracey