Friday, June 22, 2012

Bugs eating my Plants.

This is my Double Purple Datura that is being EATIN ALIVE.

The culprit is the larvae of the 3 lined- Potato Beetle pics at the end of this post.

If you double click on these photos you should be able to see the damage they have caused.

They have one heck of an appetite. Funny thing is, everything about this plant is poisonous. Not to them  I guess.

My pictures are not so good at capturing goods shots of the Larvae.




I also have a horrible Aphid problem on lots of my plants.

Look at the gross little creeps. I also have a leaf miner, it is a nasty little worm that goes between the leaves and its it from the inside. Sorry no pics of that damage. I forgot.

I am trying to stay as organic as I can. This Captain Jacks has something in it called Spinosad. Organic bug killer.

I will be trying it tomorrow. This is a concentrate. I am going to need lots.

This pic is from the internet. It is ready to use. That would have been gone too fast. A waste of money for me.
So here is the beetle.

Here is its larvae

Another beetle just slightly different color but same bug. I will let you know how this stuff works on the bugs.

2 comments:

John Lester said...

You can kill those bugs using a sticky sap of a tree. Get a yellow plastic [cut into squares], nail it to a stake, put some of the sticky sap, stick near your plants and these bugs will go and get stuck. Worked in our tomato garden back in Asia.

Would love to leave my apartment and do some gardening on my own property. :D

Good luck.

Found your blog on CL.

Tracey said...

Thank you John, I may have to try that. I hope you liked my blog. Greetings,
Tracey