Wednesday, June 20, 2012




I got this recipe from Pinterest. It looked amazing and I had to try it. So the kids and I were going to make it for Father's Day. Got it all put together and had the oven preheated. Went to put it into the oven and WHAT!!!!!!!!!!!! the oven was not hot. CRAP. REALLY!!!!!!!!!! no REALLY?????? The something or other was burnt out. I'm going to have a cow, yes a cow. All that work to put this cake together and the thinga majigger was out??? WTF. So I put the batter in the frig til my man can fix it the next day. Fix it he did. So now on to baking this cake.

I have to tell you I am a frosting girl. I love frosting, Especially Buttercream OH YEAH! This was a nice confectioners sugar frosting. I always make too much. This cake should only have what was listed on the recipe. I made double the recipe and added it all on the warm cake. Well UM didn't work so well. The cake turned to mush, yes, gross, mushy mush. Won't do that again.

It was also Hot Dog night. Meaning I didn't want to cook. The men folk love hot dogs, me not so much.

They ate them all, 3 for Shane and......

3 for Christopher.

The cake before tasting. Great warm and first out of the oven. Wait a while and you won't want the mushy crap. Ugh, back to the recipe.

No comments: