Wednesday, June 6, 2012

ROASTED PEPPER CASSEROLE

These are Anaheim Chili's, They are fairly mild, but some of them have a kick. I fire roast them over the stove, then put them in a bag for a while til cool. 

Then I cut the tops off and seed and devein them. Most of the heat is in the veins and seeds.

Slice down one side to open the pepper.

The veins and seeds.

All gone and perfect.

Make a layer of peppers on bottom of any casserole dish you would like. I usually use a 9 X 13 because my family loves leftovers. Especially something this good.

Cream is very important to this dish. This is Salvadorian Cream. Like Sour Cream only much better. We use this in place of Sour Cream on everything that requires Sour Cream. It's very yummy. Most Hispanic markets will have this cream. 

This is Cotija Cheese, dry and salty. Also from the Hispanic markets. 

Put a layer of cream on the peppers.

Next add the Cotija Cheese on top of the cream. 

Another layer of peppers. 

Last top with more cream and cheese. Bake at 350 degrees for about 30 minutes to heat through. This recipe is my creation. I had a bunch of Poblano Peppers and the cream and cheese and thought they would be great together. Boy was I right. You can use any peppers you like, Pasilla, Poblano, Anaheim. They are all good and I have used all. I bet even Bell Peppers would be great.


Here is the final Picture of the finished product. OH YEAH...... ENJOY!!!!!!!!!





No comments: