Tuesday, June 12, 2012

Latest Garden Happnins

Here are the latest pics of my Vigna Caracalla aka Snail Vine. It is blooming it's first blooms of the season. The smell is amazing.

I can't wait to take pictures when it is in full bloom. It is a very showy vine.

This is the spot that has the Okra(can't see it yet) The large one's are the Lemon Squash. and the small one's in front are the Dragon Egg Cucumber.

Here is a close up of the Lemon Squash babies. See the arrows? Sorry the Lemons Squash are blurry in the picture.

Here is also a cucumber patch growing up the fence. If you look at earlier photos you will see the growth. These pictures were taken on June 10th. 

Another view of the cucumbers.
This is what I have done with my first cucumber harvest, sliced with olive oil and rice wine vinegar. So very good.

This is my 4x8foot box, it is totally overrun now. The big leaves are Yellow Crookneck Squash 

Amazing how large squash leaves can get. 

Closeup of the Yellow Crookneck Squash

At the end of the 4x8 box is a Tomato, I think it is a Yellow Pear but not sure until it gets some color.

On Sunday I was collecting horse poop to finish one of my garden boxes and what do my wandering eyes hone in on, yes this little devil below in my hand.


This is a June Beetle Larvae in case you were wondering what the "HELL" that is... 

Here are some of them that I collected. I must say my chickens were really happy with me, being so generous with the lovely morsels for them.

This concludes the latest garden happnins....

No comments: