Tuesday, June 26, 2012

I took my daughter on a sanctioned ride by the Renegade Riders, it was a Glowstick Ride. That is a ride that riders can buy glowsticks and that was our only light. We decided to ride instead of Trailer. It was just easier. It was the first time for a glowstick ride for both of us. We didn't know what to expect. 


Some pics blurry because I was riding and trying to focus and keep my reins in my hand too.

She is such a ham.



We had to cross the freeway overpass. Scotch had done that before but Kona had not. They both did great. Glad we were not on the freeway.


This traffic was at 7:30 at night. I will pass on that.



One of our cross the street spots. See the crosswalk? it has a diagonal cross for the horses.

Look at the pretty Jacaranda flowers on the ground. So pretty.


One of my favorite trees.



We still have a way to go. We need to sign up in the 8:00 hour and ride starts at 9:00pm.


Now have a look at this, you are seeing HISTORY. This is the Norconian. Here is a link to the history of the Norconian, please come back and finish my blog when your done reading about the Norconian(wink) better yet when you are done reading my blog then click on the link, yes that is better LOL http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Norconian_Resort_Supreme



Isn't it beautiful?
I love our horses, aren't they beautiful???

Our view on the way to the staging area.


A sign near the Norconian. Part of the Naval Base.


Ok these are horrible pics but I can't seem to figure out my camera better. The colored lights you see are glowsticks on horses, which you also can't see. 

I have to say it was an amazing ride. The lead riders had about 400 green glowsticks that they used to sprinkle each side of our path on the trail in the riverbed. It was like being on the Pirates of the Caribbean ride at Disneyland. We even had crickets and frogs making noise, so very awesome. The pictures did not come out but I wish they had. There is another Glowstick ride in August. We are going on that one too so maybe I will know my camera better by then to capture the awe of the ride. We rode back home after the ride and it was a very enjoyable ride home. The temperature was very nice, it was about midnight so it was more quiet and peaceful. My daughter and I just talked and rode all the way home. We got in the house at 12:35am and it was a great night.


No comments: